Today, Mayor Bill de Blasio said he thinks “April will be worse that March” due to the alarming rise in COVID19 infections in New York City and that the current healthcare infrastructure is not capable of handing the exponential rise in cases. President Trump tweeted that he sent 400 ventilators to New York City in response to the Mayor’s plea. De Blasio said he is “thankful that the President is taking the matter seriously.” Last Friday, the Mayor declared New York City to be the epicenter of COVID-19, hosting one-third of the cases in the United States and prompting him to sign Emergency Executive Order – 102
What is Emergency Executive Order – 102?
It states the closures of the following for the next 5 days:
- All entertainment venues, including but not limited to movie theaters, clubs, cinemas, theatres, concert venues, museums, and any other similar venues shall remain closed.
- All gyms, fitness centers and classes shall remain closed.
- All indoor common portions of retail shopping malls with in excess of 100,000 square feet of retail space
- All barber shops, hair salons, tattoo or piercing parlors and providers of related personal care services will be closed to the public. This shall also include nail technicians, cosmetologists and estheticians, and the provision of electrolysis, laser hair removal services, as these services cannot be provided while maintaining social distance.
- All places of public amusement, whether indoors or outdoors, including but not limited to, locations with amusement rides, carnivals, amusement parks, water parks, aquariums, zoos, arcades, fairs, children’s play centers, fun plexes, theme parks, bowling alleys, family and children’s attractions shall remain closed. This shall not apply to public parks and open recreation areas.
This Emergency Executive Order took effect immediately, and shall remain in effect for five (5) days unless it is terminated or modified at an earlier date. Click here to view the order in complete detail.