What is Microalbumin Urine Test?
Microalbumin urine test measures small amounts of albumin in the urine and is an early indicator of kidney damage, detecting kidney damage up to 5 years earlier than routine protein tests. It is a marker for kidney problems and diabetes.
Who should get this test?
This test is done to check for albumin in the urine. Finding it early may change treatment so a person will keep as much kidney function as possible.
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
No preparation or fasting required. Just bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time