What is a Cephalometric Orthodontic X-Ray?
A cephalometric x-ray, which is also sometimes referred to simply as a ceph, is a diagnostic radiograph used primarily for orthodontic treatment planning. A cephalometric x-ray is taken during the orthodontic records appointment. Cephalometric x-rays are also used by otolaryngologists — doctors who specialize in the treatment of ear, nose, and throat (ENT) disorders such as sleep apnea — because these x-rays provide a view of the patient’s airways.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time