What is a CT Scan of the Mandible & Maxilla?
CT Scan (also known as CAT Scan or Dental Cone Beam Scan) of the Lower Mandible and/or Upper Maxilla is a painless radiology exam which may be performed to examine the lower and upper jaw in a non-invasive manner. It is usually ordered by your dentist or an oral surgeon.
Who should get this test?
CT Scan of the Mandible and Maxilla is usually ordered by dentists if you have these indications:
- Measurement of the bone for dental Implants
- Sinus graft procedures and augmentation
- Orthodontic evaluations
- Disorder of temporomandibular joint (TMJ), also known as the joint of the jaw and evaluation of Temporomandibular Disease (TMD)
- Impacted teeth
- Injury, infection, tumor or other abnormalities.
Is there radiation involved?
Yes. CT Scan is an imaging test which involves a small amount of radiation to show pictures of the organs, tissues, and bones of the body.
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
Please refer to the simple preparation guidelines or consult with your doctor or radiology center where you are being treated. Do not forget to bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access your results