What is Small Bowel Fluoroscopy?
Small bowel test is being ordered by your doctor to detect abnormalities in the esophagus, stomach, and small intestine.
The test can pinpoint conditions ranging from slow intestinal movement to swallowing disorders and scarring in your digestive tract.
Why should one do Small Bowel Fluoroscopy?
The Small Bowel may be requested to assess abnormalities in the gastrointestinal tract, which may include:
- inflammation of the esophagus, stomach and duodenum
- hiatal hernias
- abnormalities of the muscular wall of GI tract
- anatomical problems such as intestinal malrotation (a twisting of a baby’s intestine)
Is there radiation involved in Fluoroscopy?
Yes. Same as X-Ray, Fluoroscopy is an imaging test which involves a small amount of radiation to show pictures of the organs, tissues, and bones of the body.
How do I prepare?
Please refer to the simple preparation guidelines or consult with your doctor or radiology center where you are being treated. Do not forget to bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time