What is an hCG Tumor Marker Test?
hCG or Human Chorionic Gonadotropin is a type of hormone that is produced by the placenta and should only be present during pregnancy. This may also be produced by certain tumor cells, abnormal tissues, cancers. This why it is used as a tumor marker. This test is also used to asses the stage, prognosis, and response to cancer treatment.
Who should get this test?
This test may be ordered by a health practitioner if they suspect that a person has germ cell tumor.
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
No preparation or fasting required. Just bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time