What is an HIV test?
HIV Virus blood test checks for the HIV Virus in the blood. HIV Virus is an infection by the human immunodeficiency virus which destroys the immune system and may result in AIDS if left untreated. It is spread through contact with infected body fluids.
Who should get an HIV test?
- If you had unprotected sex and or have had multiple partners.
- If you or your partner may be infected with STD.
If you have received an HIV test, please note the following:
If your HIV test is positive , please note the finding is preliminary and that results of confirmatory testing must follow, as such confirmatory results must be considered in making an actual diagnosis related to HIV infection. HIV confirmatory testing must be conducted through one or more supplemental tests to substantiate or refute initial positive results to ensure definitive evidence of HIV infection. Contact your ordering physician to arrange for such confirmatory testing.
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
No preparation or fasting required. Just bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time