What is a Cholesterol Blood Test Panel?
A Cholesterol Blood Test Panel or Lipid Panel is a simple blood test which can help your doctor determine your cardiovascular risk by assessing cholesterol and triglyceride levels. The test for cholesterol measures total cholesterol being carried in the blood. A triglyceride test measures the level of fats released into your bloodstream.
This panel contains the following tests:
- LDL “Bad Cholesterol” (To remember “L” stands for lousy).
- HDL “Good Cholesterol” (To remember “H” stands for happy).
- High Sens – C-Reactive Protein (CRP).
- Total Cholesterol (TC).
- Triglycerides (TG).
Who should get this test?
Everyone should get their cholesterol and triglycerides – men, starting the age of 35 and women at the age of 45. With the rise of diabetes and obesity, it is also important to have children’s cholesterol triglyceride levels measured once between the ages of 9 and 11, then as a young adult between 17 to 21. When you have no particular risk for heart disease or stroke, the panel can be included as part of a regular health exam every 4-6 years. This test should be taken if you are at risk of the following conditions:
What are the Cholesterol Blood Test Panel risks?
- Heart disease or stroke.
- Kidney disease.
- Overweight and don’t exercise.
- Drink alcohol frequently.
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare for a Cholesterol Blood Test?
No preparation or fasting is required. Just bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time