What is MRI Defecography?
MR Defecography (also known as MRI of the pelvic floor, rectum and sphincter) is an imaging exam that doctors use to look at problems in the structure of the pelvic floor or problems with how these muscles are working when you move your bowels.
Who should get a Defecography MRI?
MRI Defecography is usually ordered by doctors if you have these indications:
- Descending perineal syndrome (weakness and collapsing of the pelvic muscles)
- Enterocele (bulging of the small bowel into the vagina and the rectum)
- Dyssynergic defecation
- Fecal incontinence
- Rectocele (bulging of the wall of the rectum into the vagina)
Is there radiation involved?
No. An MRI is a painless radiology technique that has the advantages of avoiding radiation exposure.
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
Please refer to the simple preparation guidelines or consult with your doctor or radiology center where you are being treated. Do not forget to bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time