What is a Cardiac MRI?
Cardiac/Heart MRI is a painless radiology exam which may be performed to help visualize and examine the heart in a non-invasive manner. It aids doctors in visualizing the size and thickness of the heart chambers, determining damage caused by heart attack or progressive heart disease, and detecting plaque and blockages in the blood vessels.
Who should get a Heart MRI?
A Cardiac MRI is usually ordered by doctors if you have these indications:
- Valvular heart disease
- Congenital heart disease (e.g. VSD or ASD’s)
- Evaluate blood through major vessels
- Family history of heart disease
- Chest pain, shortness of breath and fatigue
Is there radiation involved?
No. An MRI is a painless radiology technique that has the advantages of avoiding radiation exposure.
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
Please refer to the simple preparation guidelines or consult with your doctor or radiology center where you are being treated. Do not forget to bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time