What is a Prostate MRI?
Prostate MRI is a painless radiology exam which may be performed to examine the prostate area in a non-invasive manner. It aids doctors in visualizing tumors, infection, inflammation and assess the cause of pain.
Who should get a Prostate MRI?
Prostate MRI is usually ordered by doctors if you have these indications:
- Enlarged prostate or benign prostatic hyperplasia
- Prostatitis or inflammation of the prostate
- Prostate cancer
Is there radiation involved?
No. An MRI is a painless radiology technique that has the advantages of avoiding radiation exposure.
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
Please refer to the simple preparation guidelines or consult with your doctor or radiology center where you are being treated. Do not forget to bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time