What is Renal MRI?
Kidney MRI is a painless radiology exam which may be performed to help visualize the renal area in a non-invasive manner.
MRI has the advantage of superior soft-tissue contrast, which provides a powerful tool in the detection and characterization of renal lesions.
Who should get a Kidney MRI?
A Kidney MRI is usually ordered by doctors if you have these indications:
- Pain or tenderness between the ribs and pelvis
- Upper abdominal pain
- Changes in urinary habits
- Blood in the urine (Hematuria)
Is there radiation involved?
No. An MRI is a painless radiology technique that has the advantages of avoiding radiation exposure.
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
Please refer to the simple preparation guidelines or consult with your doctor or radiology center where you are being treated. Do not forget to bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time