What is a Pelvis MRI?
A Pelvis MRI is a painless radiology exam which may be performed to help visualize the musculoskeletal structure of the pelvis area in a non-invasive manner. It aids doctors in visualizing and identifying tumors, infection, and inflammation. This imaging test also examines the structure inside and near the pelvis including the bladder, prostate and other male organs, female reproductive organs, lymph nodes, and pelvic bones.
Who should get a Pelvis MRI?
This test may be done if a female has any of the following signs or symptoms:
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- A mass in the pelvis
- Pelvic mass during pregnancy
- Pain in the lower belly
- Unexplained infertility
- Unexplained pelvic pain
This test may be done if a male has any of the following signs or symptoms:
- Lumps or swelling in the testicles or scrotum
- Unexplained pelvic or lower abdominal pain
- Unexplained urination problems
- Undescended testicles
Is there radiation involved?
No. An MRI is a painless radiology technique that has the advantages of avoiding radiation exposure.
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
Please refer to the simple preparation guidelines or consult with your doctor or radiology center where you are being treated. Do not forget to bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time