What is an Sinus MRI?
Sinus MRI is a painless radiology exam which may be performed to help visualize the nose/sinus area in a non-invasive manner. It aids doctors in visualizing tumors, infection, inflammation, and any sinus disorders that a patient might have.
Who should get a Sinus MRI?
A Sinus MRI is usually ordered by doctors if you have these indications:
- A feeling of congestion or fullness in your face.
- A nasal obstruction or nasal blockage.
- Pus in the nasal cavity.
- Runny nose or discolored postnasal drainage.
Is there radiation involved?
No. An MRI is a painless radiology technique that has the advantages of avoiding radiation exposure.
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
Please refer to the simple preparation guidelines or consult with your doctor or radiology center where you are being treated. Do not forget to bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time