What is a Axilla Sonogram?
A Sonogram of the Axilla also known as armpit is a painless radiology exam which is used to help diagnose pain and evaluate the armpit in a non-invasive manner. This exam can be used to check for abnormalities such as cysts or tumors.
Who should get A Sonogram of the Axilla?
A Sonogram of the Axilla (Armpit) is usually ordered by doctors if you have these indications:
- muscle tears, masses or fluid collections
- ligament sprains or tears
- early changes of rheumatoid arthritis
- nerve entrapments such as carpal tunnel syndrome
- benign and malignant soft tissue tumors
- ganglion cysts
- foreign bodies in the soft tissues (such as splinters or glass)
Is there radiation involved?
No. Unlike X-ray imaging, there is no ionizing radiation exposure associated with ultrasound imaging.
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
Please refer to the simple preparation guidelines or consult with your doctor or radiology center where you are being treated. Do not forget to bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.