What is a Thyroid Peroxidase Ab?
An antithyroid microsomal antibody test is also called a thyroid peroxidase antibody test. It measures antithyroid microsomal antibodies in your blood. Your body produces these antibodies when cells in your thyroid become damaged. Your thyroid is a gland in your neck that makes hormones. These hormones help regulate your metabolism. Your doctor may order this test along with other tests to help diagnose thyroid problems or other autoimmune conditions.
Who should get this test?
This test may be ordered:
- To monitor a patient’s thyroid function
- To monitor treatment for thyroid cancer
- To monitor cancer recurrence
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
No preparation or fasting required. Just bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time