What is a Gallbladder Ultrasound?
Gallbladder Ultrasound is a safe radiology exam which is used to help diagnose pain and evaluate the gallbladder in a non-invasive manner. Ultrasound is used to diagnose stones in the gallbladder.
Who should get a Gallbladder Ultrasound?
Ultrasound of Gallbladder is usually ordered by doctors if you have these indications:
- Gall bladder abnormalities
- Lumps, masses and tumors
- Lesions and inflammations
- High risk for cancer
- Suspected gall bladder cancer
Is there radiation involved?
No. Unlike X-ray imaging, there is no ionizing radiation exposure associated with ultrasound imaging.
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
Please refer to the simple preparation guidelines or consult with your doctor or radiology center where you are being treated. Do not forget to bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time