What is a Zio Cardiac Monitoring?
Zio is used to monitor different kinds of irregular heart rhythms. In a study, physicians were able to reach a diagnosis 90% of the time with the Zio system.
You can wear the Zio monitor — a small, discreet, comfortable patch — during your normal day-to-day activity, including while you sleep, shower, and exercise, while it records every single heartbeat for analysis.
Who should get a Zio Cardiac Monitor?
Your doctor might order Zio Cardiac Monotoring if you have these indications:
- Atrial ectopy arrhythmias
- Ventricular ectopy arrhythmias
- Supra-ventricular tachycardia
- Ventricular tachycardia
- Symptomatic bradycardia / Pauses
- Heart blocks / conduction disorders
- Tachy/Brady syndrome
- Torsades de pointes
- ST changes
- Sinus arrhythmias
- Monitor pharmacological induced arrhythmias
- Wolf-Parkinsons-White Syndrome (WPW)
- Wandering Atrial Pacemaker (WAP)
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
No preparation or fasting required. Just bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time