What is a Zio Cardiac Monitoring?
Zio is used to monitor different kinds of irregular heart rhythms. In a study, physicians were able to reach a diagnosis 90% of the time with the Zio system.
You can wear the Zio monitor — a small, discreet, comfortable patch — during your normal day-to-day activity, including while you sleep, shower, and exercise, while it records every single heartbeat for analysis.
Who should get this test?
Your doctor might order Zio Cardiac Monotoring if you have these indications:
- Atrial ectopy arrhythmias
- Ventricular ectopy arrhythmias
- Supra-ventricular tachycardia
- Ventricular tachycardia
- Symptomatic bradycardia / Pauses
- Heart blocks / conduction disorders
- Tachy/Brady syndrome
- Torsades de pointes
- ST changes
- Sinus arrhythmias
- Monitor pharmacological induced arrhythmias
- Wolf-Parkinsons-White Syndrome (WPW)
- Wandering Atrial Pacemaker (WAP)
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
No preparation or fasting required. Just bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.