What is SGPT or ALT?
The SGPT or alanine transaminase (ALT) blood test measures the level of the enzyme ALT in the blood.
Who should get a ALT Test?
ALT is an enzyme found in a high level in the liver. Injury to the liver results in release of ALT into the blood. This test is used to determine if a person has liver damage.
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
No preparation or fasting required. Just bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time