What is a Herpes test?
There are two types of herpes virus, Type 1 and Type 2. Type 1, also known as HSV-1, is associated with painless cold sores on the lips and can be spread by kissing or sharing eating utensils. Type 2, is HSV-2, which can result in genital herpes, wherein painful sores develop in the genital area.
Who should get a Herpes Virus test?
This test may be ordered if you have symptoms of Herpes.
- You have concern for herpes infection either oral (cold sore) or genital.
- You have a painful rash on genitals.
- You have been sexually active with a partner with a painful rash or known history of herpes.
- You had unprotected sex and or have had multiple partners.
- One or both of you or your partner may be infected with STD.
- You are or may be pregnant and are susceptible to contracting STD.
- You are an organ transplant recipient or donor.
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
No preparation or fasting required. Just bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time