What is a CT Angiography Scan of the Thoracic Aorta?
A CT Angiography Scan of the Thoracic Aorta focuses particularly on the blood vessels and test for defects and functional problems in your Chest area. Your aorta begins in the left ventricle of your heart and extends to your abdomen. It’s responsible for delivering oxygen-rich blood to your entire body, using contrast dye to make them show up clearly in the images.
Who should get this test?
Your doctor may order an aortic angiography if they suspect any problems with your aorta. Problems can include:
- Aneurysm, a ballooning-out of the aorta
- Aortic dissection, when bleeding occurs in the walls of the aorta
- Aortic regurgitation or aortic stenosis, when blood returns back to the ventricle
- Congenital heart defects, such as double aortic arch
- Inflammation of the aorta, also called Takayasu’s arteritis
- Injury to the aorta from trauma or other problems
- Peripheral artery disease
- Recurring chest pain
Is there radiation involved?
Yes. CTA Scan is an imaging test which involves a small amount of radiation to show pictures of the organs, tissues, and bones of the body.
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
Please refer to the simple preparation guidelines or consult with your doctor or radiology center where you are being treated. Do not forget to bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time