What is a Pregnancy Blood Test?
Pregnancy Blood Test (Quantitative Beta-hCG) is more accurate than a urine pregnancy test. Pregnancy Blood Test may be used to verify whether or not a woman is pregnant, based on the hormones released by her body. This pregnancy test measures the blood level of Beta hCG, also known as Beta Human Chorionic Gonadotropin.
Who should get a Pregnancy Blood Test?
Pregnancy Blood Test is more accurate than a urine pregnancy test and can also detect pregnancy at an earlier stage. This test may be ordered for the following reasons:
- If you believe you are or may be pregnant
- If you have missed your period
- If your contraception failed
- When in doubt, test
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
No preparation or fasting required. Just bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time