What is Babesiosis?
Babesiosis is a malaria-likeparasitic disease caused by infection with Babesia, a genus of Apicomplexa. It occurs in warm weather. Ticks transmit the human strain of babesiosis, so it often presents with other tick-borne illnesses such as Lyme disease.
Who should get a Babesiosis Test?
This test may be ordered if you have symptoms of Babesiosis. Symptoms may include:
- Muscle pain
- Nonproductive cough (mucus is not coughed up)
- Arthralgias (noninflammatory joint pain, unlike arthritis, which is inflammatory)
- Sore throat
- Abdominal pain
- Pink eye
- Photophobia (abnormal intolerance to visual perception of light)
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
No preparation or fasting required. Just bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time