What is a CT Angiography Scan of the Head?
CT Angiography scan of the Head focuses on evaluating blood vessels in the brain for abnormalities such as narrowing, blockage, aneurysms, and other vascular malformations, using contrast dye to make them show up clearly in the images.
Who should get this test?
CT Angiography Scan of the Head is usually ordered by doctors if you have these indications:
- Changes in thinking or behavior
- Difficulty pronouncing words
- Dizziness or vertigo
- Double vision or vision loss
- Headache, when you have certain other signs or symptoms
- Hearing loss (in some people)
- Numbness or tingling, most often on the face or scalp
- Swallowing problems
- Transient ischemic attack (TIA)
- Weakness in one part of your body
Is there radiation involved?
Yes. CT Angiography Scan is an imaging test which involves a small amount of radiation to show pictures of the organs, tissues, and bones of the body.
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
Please refer to the simple preparation guidelines or consult with your doctor or radiology center where you are being treated. Do not forget to bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access your results