What is an Erythrocyte Sed. Rate (ESR)?
An erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR), also known as sed rate test , is a general marker for inflammation. The ESR is useful in detecting inflammation in the body that may be caused by infection, some cancers, and certain autoimmune diseases such as juvenile idiopathic arthritis, lupus, and Kawasaki disease.
Why is a Temporal Arthritis test important?
This test may be ordered if you have the following symptoms:
- Tenderness in the scalp, and temple areas
- Sudden permanent loss of vision in one eye
- Double vision, fatigue, weakness, stiffness, shoulder and hip pain
- A loss of appetite, jaw pain, which sometimes can occur with chewing
- A fever, unintentional weight loss
What kind of test is it?
Do I need to fast?
No fasting required.
How long does it take to get results?
It usually takes 3 business days.
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access your results