What is H. Pylori breath test?
H. Pylori Breath Test (Helicobacter Pylori) is used to diagnose stomach ulcers. This is which may be used to detect the presence of H. Pylori which is a bacteria known to be associated in 80% of individuals with stomach ulcers. H. pylori is a bacteria that is thought to cause gastritis and gastic ulcers. H. pyloriproduces carbon dioxide as a by-product of its metabolic processes. The H. pylori Breath Test measures the presence of special forms of carbon dioxide and is highly accurate in detecting H. pylori.
Who should get an H. Pylori Breath Test?
Testing may be ordered when someone is experiencing gastrointestinal pain and has signs and symptoms of an ulcer. Some of these may include:
- Abdominal pain that comes and goes over time
- Feeling of fullness or bloating
- Unexplained weight loss
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
Fasting for 8-10 hours is required. Don’t forget to bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time