What is a Hepatitis A test?
Hepatitis A Virus blood test (IgG & IgM) is used to help diagnose acute liver infection and inflammation. Hepatitis A Virus causes an acute inflammation of the liver (hepatitis) that almost always gets better on its own. It can be more serious if we are older when we have the disease. It is easily spread from person to person, in food and water, and can infect many people at once (example: if a food handler at a restaurant is infected, many who ate the food can be infected).
Who should get a Hepatitis A test?
Hepatitis A test may be done as part of a well-visit check up that shows abnormal results on liver tests. If you have Hepatitis A, following signs and symptoms may include:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Abdominal pain or discomfort, especially in the area of your liver on your right side beneath your lower ribs.
- Clay-colored bowel movements.
- Loss of appetite
- Low-grade fever
- Joint pain
- Yellowing of the skin and eyes (jaundice)
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
No preparation or fasting required. Just bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time