What is Liver Extensive Panel?
Liver Extensive Panel is being order by your doctor if you have abnormal results from your recent Liver Basic Panel or Hepatic Panel, or if they need to rule-out any symptoms that still exist. Your doctor may order a liver extensive panel if you have symptoms of liver disease. These symptoms include fever, vomiting, abdominal pain, yellowing of your eyesor skin (jaundice), dark yellow urine, and feeling very tired. This blood test also may be done if you have recently been exposed to a hepatitis virus or are taking a medicine that may cause liver damage.
The Liver Extensive Panel includes:
- ALPHA-1 ANTITRYPSIN
- ANTIMITOCHONDRIAL AB
Who should a Liver Panel?
This test may be ordered to check the health of your liver. This test is often given in the following situations:
- screen for liver infections
- monitor the side effects of certain medications known to affect the liver
- monitor the liver disease and how well a particular treatment is working
- measure the degree of scarring (cirrhosis) on the liver
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
No preparation or fasting required. Just bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time