What is a Total Protein test?
Total Protein Test is a blood test that monitors the total amount of protein in the blood. The two main protein is albumin and globulin. This test will check how well the liver and kidney is doing and also to prevent infection.
Who should get this test?
This test may be ordered:
- To help determine the reason for swelling of the ankles, abdomen, or fluid in the lungs that may cause shortness of breath.
- To evaluate chances of developing an infection and types of blood disease.
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
No preparation or fasting required. Just bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time