What is Rheumatoid Arthritis Factor test?
Rheumatoid Arthritis Factor is a blood test which may be used to diagnose rheumatoid arthritis. Rheumatoid factor is an antibody that is measurable in the blood with a routine blood test. Rheumatoid factor is actually an antibody that can bind to other antibodies. Antibodies are normal proteins in our blood that are important parts of our immune system. Early rheumatoid arthritis tends to affect your smaller joints first. As the disease progresses, symptoms often spread to the wrists, knees, ankles, elbow, hips and shoulders.
Who should get this test?
This test may be ordered to diagnose rheumatoid arthritis. Symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis may include:
- Tender, warm, swollen joints
- Joint stiffness that is usually worse in the mornings and after inactivity
- Fatigue, fever and weight loss
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
No preparation or fasting required. Just bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time