What is a T3 Resin Uptake?
T3 Resin Uptake (T3RU) Test is a blood test that measures the level of proteins that carry thyroid hormones in the blood. This test is used monitor a patient’s thyroid health.
For thyroid health:
- Levels greater than 37% may indicate hyperthyroidism.
- Levels lower than 37% may indicate hypothyroidism.
Who should get a T3 Uptake Test?
This test may be ordered:
- To monitor a patient’s thyroid function
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
No preparation or fasting required. Just bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time