What is a Thyroid Stimulating Hormone test?
Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) blood test is used to assess thyroid function or to diagnose thyroid disorders. TSH is a hormone that regulates the production of thyroid hormones (T3 and T4).
Who should get this test?
This test is ordered:
- If you are showing symptoms of weight gain, weight loss, fatigue, sensitivity to cold or heat, constipation or diarrhea
- If you show signs of inflammation of the thyroid gland
- If you show signs of Hashimoto’s disease, or have autoimmune conditions
- If you show signs of Grave’s disease
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
No preparation or fasting required. Just bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time