What is a Uric Acid Test?
Uric Acid blood test is used to check uric acid levels in the blood. It may also be used to monitor levels for people undergoing various cancer treatments. The cause of gout is a combination of diet and genetic factors. It occurs more commonly in those who eat a lot of meat, drink a lot of beer, or are overweight. The underlying mechanisms involve elevated levels of uric acid in the blood.
Who should get this test?
This test may be ordered if you have the following symptoms:
- Nighttime attack of swelling, tenderness, redness, and sharp pain in your big toe.
- Sharp pain attacks in your foot, ankle, knees or other joints
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
No preparation or fasting required. Just bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time