What is a Pelvis X-Ray?
X-ray of the pelvis focuses specifically on the area between your hips that holds many of your reproductive and digestive organs. A pelvic x-ray can help your doctor detect various conditions, such as:
- arthritis that affects your hip
- inflammation where your sacrum joins the ilium, which is called sacroiliitis
- pelvic fractures
- hip dislocations
- stiffness of the spine or sacroiliac joint, which is called ankylosing spondylitis
Who should get this test?
Pelvis X-Ray is usually ordered by doctors if you have these indications:
- Ectopic pregnancy (or other pregnancy-related conditions)
- Ovarian cancer
- Colon cancer
- Intestinal obstruction
- Prostatitis (infection or inflammation of the prostate)
- Urinary tract infection (UTI)
Is there radiation involved?
Yes. X-ray is an imaging test which involves a small amount of radiation to show pictures of the organs, tissues, and bones of the body.
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
Please refer to the simple preparation guidelines or consult with your doctor or radiology center where you are being treated. Do not forget to bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time