Rapid Molecular Test COVID-19 (NAAT)
- Purpose: Present infection
- Method: Swab
- Result in: Same day delivered to you electronically in your LabFinder portal
- Test: Abbott ID Now
- Cost: $295 for the Test + MinuteMed clinical review
- FDA Emergency Use Authorization
- Through LabFinder you can schedule COVID Antibody Testing and COVID PCR Swab Testing as well as the Rapid Antigen COVID Test.
- Both the Rapid COVID Test and COVID PCR Swab Test can determine if someone is currently infected with COVID-19, the COVID Antibody Test is used to determine if someone has had COVID-19 in the past.
- All three tests are important and have their specific uses. Please note, all labs have instituted all procedural changes recommended by the CDC to ensure that all of our patients’ safety is protected in every way possible when they come to the office or test facility for appointments while the pandemic is ongoing.
Rapid Molecular Test COVID-19 (NAAT)
When to test
The FDA-approved Rapid PCR COVID test shows whether a patient is positive with an acute COVID-19 infection within the same day, as opposed to the typical 3-5 day estimated wait time for most nasal swab tests. Rapid PCR COVID Test allows for same day results COVID testing. Results are delivered the same day to you electronically in your LabFinder portal
What To You Expect From A Rapid PCR COVID Test?
t? The Rapid PCR COVID Test is administered at the office, lab, or temporary testing facility by the throat or nasal swab. Every test is administered by a licensed medical provider. The results show whether you are positive, or negative, with an acute COVID-19 infection within the same day. Most PCR Tests typically take an estimated 3-5 day wait time for most nasal swab tests. The Rapid PCR COVID Tests are taken at a moment in time and they detect the virus once there's enough viral material in a person to be able to detect it.
What Test or Protocol Is Used for the Rapid PCR COVID Test?
This test uses the Abbott IDNow test. The Abbot IDNow Rapid PCR COVID Test had an overall performance of 93.3% positive agreement (sensitivity) and 98.4% negative agreement (specificity). Further, the ID NOW Rapid PCR COVID Test showed a performance of 97.0% positive agreement (sensitivity).
What Can I Learn From A Rapid PCR COVID Test?
Like the a standard PCR COVID swab test, this test involves using a nasal swab to collect mucus and determine whether or not the COVID-19 virus is currently present. The Rapid PCR COVID Tests are taken at a moment in time and they detect the virus once there's enough viral material in a person to be able to detect it. However, unlike other tests which take 3-5 days to get a positive or negative result, Rapid PCR COVID Testing allows for same-day results, allowing you to travel soon after the test is given. The Rapid PCR COVID Test will not determine whether you had been infected by the Corona Virus in the past. This type of COVID test is highly useful for people who need to quickly know if they are infected with the Coronavirus currently.
Do You Offer Same Day Results COVID Testing?
The Rapid PCR COVID Test is same day results covid testing. The results of the test are delivered the same day to you electronically in your LabFinder portal.
Do You Offer Other COVID-Related Testing?
Besides the Rapid PCR COVID test, there is also nasal swab testing for COVID-19, as well as antibody testing to determine whether you have been infected with the coronavirus in the past.
How much does the Rapid PCR COVID Test Cost?
The FDA-approved Rapid COVID PCR test cost is a self-pay of $295. An invoice will be supplied to you for those who wish to submit the claim to your health insurance for reimbursement to the extent available from the carrier.
Like the standard PCR COVID test, this test involves using a nasal swab to collect mucus and determine whether or not the COVID-19 virus is currently present.