What is an Albumin Test?
An albumin test is routinely included in the panels of tests performed as part of a health examination, such as a comprehensive metabolic panel (CMP), so it is frequently used to help evaluate a person’s overall health status.
Who should get an Albumin Test?
An albumin test is frequently ordered as part of a panel of tests performed for a health screening. Albumin may be ordered, along with other tests, when a person has symptoms of a liver disorder, such as:
- Yellowing of eyes or skin (jaundice)
- Weakness, fatigue
- Unexplained weight loss
- Loss of appetite
- Abdominal swelling and/or pain
- Dark urine, light-colored stool
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
No preparation or fasting required. Just bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time