What is an Amylase & Lipase Level test?
An Amylase & Lipase test is a blood test used to help diagnose pancreatitis. Amylase is an enzyme that helps digest carbohydrates and is made in the pancreas and the glands that make saliva. When the pancreas is diseased or inflamed, amylase releases into the blood.
Who should get a Amylase and Lipase Level Test?
Symptoms of pancreatitis disorders to consider are:
- Severe abdominal pain
- Appetite loss
The test may also be done for the following conditions:
- Pancreatitis and its complications
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
No preparation or fasting required. Just bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time