What is an Anemia Basic Panel?
Anemia Panel is a blood test which may be used to help diagnose anemia as well as to determine the underlying cause. Anemia is a decrease in the amount of red blood cells or hemoglobin in the blood, lowering the ability to carry oxygen.
An Anemia Panel includes the following tests:
- Complete Blood Count (CBC)
- Total Iron/TIBC
- Vitamin B12
- Folic Acid/Folate
Who should get an Anemia Panel?
This test may be ordered if you have symptoms of anemia. This panel checks Anemia can be caused by chronic lead poisoning, blood loss, the destruction of blood cells and impaired blood cells. Symptoms may include:
- Easy bruising, fatigue and loss of energy
- Unusually rapid heart beat, particularly with exercise
- Difficulty concentrating, dizziness and pale skin
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
No preparation or fasting required. Just bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time