What is a Hyponatremia Panel?
Hyponatremia test is a series of blood and urine tests used to assess the levels of sodium in the blood. Hyponatremia test includes the following:
- Thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH)
- Basic Metabolic Panel
- Uric Acid
- Urine Sodium
- Urine Creatinine
- Serum Osmolality
- Urine Osmolality
Who should get a Hyponatremia test?
Hyponatremia is a condition that occurs when the level of sodium in your blood is abnormally low. Sodium is an electrolyte, and it helps regulate the amount of water that’s in and around your cells. When this happens, your body’s water levels rise, and your cells begin to swell. This swelling can cause many health problems, from mild to life-threatening.
Hyponatremia signs and symptoms may include:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Loss of energy and fatigue
- Restlessness and irritability
- Muscle weakness, spasms or cramps
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
No preparation or fasting required. Just bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time