What is a Lithium Level test?
Lithium Level blood test is used to measure and monitor the amount of lithium in the blood so health care providers can determine wether drug concentrations are in the therapeutic range. Lithium is mainly used as a psychiatric medication, e.g. major depression, schizophrenia or bipolar disorder. Lithium salts are classified as mood stabilizers.
Who should get a Lithium Level test?
Monitoring levels of lithium is recommended to decrease the risk of potential toxicity. Side effects of high lithium level:
- Poor coordination
- Ringing in the ears
- Cause problem for baby of pregnant woman
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
No preparation or fasting required. Just bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time