What is a Parasites (Stool) test?
Parasite stool exam is used to help diagnose the cause of prolonged diarrhea. It is ordered to determine whether there are ova and parasites present in the lower digestive track and, if so, to identify them.
Who should get a Stool Parasites test?
This test may be ordered if:
- You had contaminated water and/or food and experiencing diarrhea, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, blood and mucus in stool.
- You are severely dehydrated.
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
No preparation or fasting required. Just bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time