What is a Throat Culture test?
Throat Culture, or throat swab culture, is a test commonly used to diagnose bacterial infections in the throat. These infections can include strep throat, pneumonia, tonsillitis, whooping cough, and meningitis.
Who should get this test?
For patients who suffered throat infection cause by bacteria. The following listed symptoms for Strep Throat includes:
- Sore throat
- Red and swollen/inflamed tonsillitis)
- Swollen and tender lymph nodes on the sides of the upper neck (cervical lymphadenopathy)
- White patches or spots on the tonsils (tonsillar exudate)
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
No preparation or fasting required. Just bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time