What is a Triglycerides test?
Triglycerides (TG) are a type of fat found in the blood. It is usually measured along with a blood test along with other cholesterol testing blood tests.
Who should get this test?
This test may be ordered as part of a lipid profile, which is a type of blood test that evaluates the risk for heart disease and also takes a look at levels of cholesterol in the blood. Depending on the triglyceride levels, patients may also be at risk for other diseases.
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
No preparation or fasting required. Just bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time