What is a Troponin Test?
Troponin Test is a blood test which may be used to help determine if you have had a heart attack or injury to heart muscle, and also to find out if your angina (chest pain related to heart problem) is worsening.
Who should get this test?
This test is usually done when a person with a suspected heart attack comes into the emergency room, followed by a series of troponin tests performed over several hours. Symptoms of a heart attack may include:
- Chest pain, discomfort and/or pressure
- Rapid heart rate, skipping a beat
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Fatigue, nausea, vomiting, feeling lightheaded
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
No preparation or fasting required. Just bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time