What is an Anti-DNA / Anti-ds DNA test?
This test is used to help diagnose lupus in a person who has a positive result on a test for antinuclear antibody (ANA) and has clinical signs and symptoms that suggest lupus.
Who should get this test?
This test is ordered when a person shows signs and symptoms that could be due to lupus and has had a positive ANA test.
Some signs and symptoms of lupus include:
- Muscle pain
- Arthritis-like pain in one or more joints (but no or little joint damage)
- Red rash that frequently resembles a butterfly across the nose and cheek areas (malar rash)
- Low-grade fever
- Persistent fatigue, weakness
- Skin sensitivity to light
- Hair and weight loss
- Numbness or tingling in the hands or feet
- Inflammation and damage to organs and tissues, including the kidneys, lungs, heart, lining of the heart, central nervous system, and blood vessels
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
No preparation or fasting required. Just bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.