Basic Metabolic Panel?
A Basic Metabolic Panel is a series of blood tests that measures your sugar (glucose) level, electrolyte and fluid balance, and kidney function. Glucose is a type of sugar your body uses for energy. Electrolytes keep your body’s fluids in balance.
This panel contains the following tests:
Why should I get tested?
The Basic Metabolic Panel is used as a broad screening tool to evaluate organ function and check for conditions such as diabetes, liver disease, and kidney disease.
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
No preparation or fasting required. Just bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time