What is a Calcium Test?
Calcium Level test is used to measure the level of calcium in the blood and to ensure that it is within the normal range.
Who should get this test?
All cells require calcium in order to work. Calcium helps build strong bones and teeth. It is important for heart function, and helps with muscle contraction, nerve signaling, and blood clotting. Your doctor may order this test if you have signs or symptoms of:
- Certain bone diseases
- Certain cancers, such as multiple myeloma, a cancer of the breast, lung, neck, and kidney
- Chronic kidney disease
- Chronic liver disease
- Disorders of the parathyroid glands (hormone made by these glands controls calcium and vitamin D levels in the blood)
- Disorders that affect how your intestines absorb nutrients
- Overactive thyroid gland or taking too much thyroid hormone medicine
- Abnormal vitamin D level
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
No preparation or fasting required. Just bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time