What is a Complete Blood Count test?
Complete Blood Count (CBC) is a blood test which measures the number and types of cells in your blood. Your blood contains red blood cells (RBC), white blood cells (WBC), and platelets.
Specific types of tests include:
- RBC – the numbers, size, and types of RBC in the blood
- WBC – the numbers and types of WBC in the blood
- Platelets – the numbers and size of the platelets
- Hemoglobin – an iron-rich protein in red blood cells that carries oxygen
- Hematocrit – how much space red blood cells take up in your blood
- Reticulocyte count – how many young red blood cells are in your blood
- Mean corpuscular volume (MCV) – the average size of your red blood cells
Who should get this test?
This helps doctors check on your overall health. The tests can also help to diagnose diseases and conditions such as anemia, infections, clotting problems, blood cancers, and immune system disorders.
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
No preparation or fasting required. Just bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access your results