What is a Cortisol test?
Corstisol Test is a blood test used to monitor levels of cortisol in the blood and ensure that it is within the normal range. It is also used to diagnose Cushing Syndrome or Addison Disease and evaluate conditions that affect the adrenal or pituitary glands.
Who should get this test?
This test may be ordered:
- To assess excessiveness or deficiency of cortisol in the blood
- To evaluate the function of adrenal or pituitary glands
- To diagnose Cushing Syndrome or Addison Disease
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
No preparation or fasting required. Just bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time