COVID-19 Antibody Test
The COVID-19 antibody tests provide qualitative detection of IgM and IgG antibodies against SARS- CoV-2 in individuals suspected of COVID-19. After infection with COVID-19, the virus antigen stimulates the immune system to produce antibodies that can be detected in the blood.
Among these antibodies, IgM antibodies appear early and are mostly positive after 3-5 days of infection. After 7 days IgG antibodies increase four times or more than that of IgM.
Fever, Dry Cough, Shortness of Breath, Diarrhea, Loss of Taste and Smell
When To Test:
COVID-19 antibody tests are recommended to be used on patients with at least 3 days after onset of symptoms or 7-10 days after infection.
A sample of your blood will be drawn and sent to a laboratory for further examination.
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 24-48 hours in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
No preparation or fasting required. Just bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- This test has not been reviewed yet by the FDA. For use in clinical laboratories by health care professionals following FDA guidance “Policy for Diagnostic Tests for Coronavirus Disease-2019 (COVID-19) during the Public Health Emergency”.
- Negative results do not rule out COVID-19 infection, particularly in those who have been in contact with the virus. Follow-up testing with a molecular diagnostic assay should be considered to rule out infection in these individuals.
- Results from antibody testing should not be used as the sole basis to diagnose or excludeCOVID-19 infection or to inform infection status.
- Positive results may be due to past or present infection with non-COVID-19 coronavirus strains, such as coronavirus HKU1, NL63, OC43, or 229E.
- Not for the screening of donated blood.